Whether it's supporting teachers and pupils in the classroom, or ensuring that the children have a good lunch - there are a great number of ways that you can help ensure that our schools are the best they can possibly be.
Our primary schools vary greatly in size, serving a wide range of communities, from rural villages to areas of high social disadvantage. A small proportion of our primary schools have converted to academy status (20%) and there are currently two free primary schools. 93.2% of primary pupils attend a good or better primary school, compared to 88.6% nationally and 91.3% in the northwest.
The quality of secondary education is very strong too with 85.2% of pupils attending a good or better secondary school, compared to 80.1% nationally. We have a range of maintained, faith, foundation and free schools within the borough. Of the 22 schools which make up the secondary sector, half of these are academies or studio schools.
100% of special schools and PRUs are judged good or outstanding by Ofsted.
In Cheshire East we have 155 schools and 1 nursery.
Of our 124 primary schools 54% of these are primary academies and the remaining 46% are maintained schools.
Our secondary schools are more varied and we have 18 secondary academies and free schools; 1 studio school (14-19); 3 community secondary schools; 1 foundation secondary school; 1 University Technical College (UTC) (14-18); and 1 pupil referral unit.
Our schools are high performing with 92% of primary schools and 80% of secondary schools judged as either good or outstanding by Ofsted, with most education outcomes above the national average.